So far my experience has not been what I thought it was going to be. I have come to the conclusion that I am part of a unique learning opportunity. This last week has been just as challenging as the past weeks however I am starting to become more comfortable in this classroom environment. I feel that it is better to be part of these experiences now with assistance rather than down the road on my own.
My job has mostly consisted in ancetodotal documentation as that is a major component of our day, to get our students the assistance they need. I can tell you that is probably the worst part of the job. Making sure detailed notes are being taken on several students at one time is very challenging. I have had the opportunity to assist more in the classroom with my teacher having to take care of situations that come up. I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable, however I wish that the some of the students saw me as their teacher rather than just another adult in the room. Tina has been helping to work with the kids so that they see me as their teacher and someone that they need to listen to as well.
I believe that I will become more comfortable as I take over more responsibilities. Now I just need to get over that fright. I didn't think I would be so gun shy but I'm almost afraid I will ruin the minds of these little people. I wasn't expecting that. I have discovered some great ideas to use in my classroom next year and have some openings for things that I would do differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment