Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of Assessments

Today, while most of the other students were starting school we started our kindergarten assessments.  It was very interesting to see what was asked of the students and where each of the students are developmentally.  I really enjoyed meeting all the students and their families.  It was also interesting to see the family dynamics of our students.  The school seemed to run very smoothly today.  Everyone pulled together to help out and make the students and their families comfortable.

After today I can imagine next Tuesday when the kids come in we will have some challenges.  The students had a hard time sepearting from parents and they were in the room the whole time.  You know intellectually it will be challenging, but I think we may actually have some break downs.  It was also hard for some of the parents to seperate.  They wanted to come sit by their children.  Kindergarten is such a transition and sometimes that is easily forgotten.

I was able to find time to put up my bulletin board today.  I can't wait to get the students' pictures up and see the finished product.  It has finally taken shape.  Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. The first day is going to be great. I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete