Thursday, August 12, 2010

Teachers Starting Day

Today was a crazy long day.  I have learned a lot about Houghton Mifflin.  Tina has me find different things within the curriculum which has familiarized me with the themes and strategies the students will be studing then along with the order of the letters being taught.  I was even able to go through the themed books and put them in order.  I tried it from memory and only mixed up two themes, so I felt pretty proud.  I am also able to answer some questiosn correclty about what skills are being taught in what themes.  I know sequencing is first taught in Theme 2. 

We began the day with a continental breakfast which was nice.  I was the first kindy teacher in there so I ended up siting with the 5th and 6th grade teachers.  When I saw the others come in I went to join them.  One of the kindergarten teachers is Tina's last intern.  I was feeling kind of out of the loop at first and very nervous, but by the end of the day Stephanie (last years intern) was offering to help me in any way she can.  She told me I can stop by and talk, ask questions, or just observe.  It made me feel more comfortable.

At the end of the day we had our Meet and Greet from 5:30-6:30pm.  I was able to meet a few of our children which will hopefully make them feel more comfortable when they come in for their developmental profile and the first day of school.  I am exhausted and my feet are killing me, but it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment