The kids did great coming back from winter break. We were a little worried about how Monday was going to go since I was going to be subbing that day, but the kids came in and did a great job with getting right into the routine again. Last week was nice to get back into planning and grading. I took on more of the grading and contributing of ideas this week. The biggest issue was me getting into a schedule again. By Friday I was ready for the break. Over the weekend Shaunna and I came up with some more ways to incorporate the promethian board other than calendar. Flipcharts make learning so much fun for the kids. Shaunna is learning how to create them, find them, and use them in more ways. Her excitment has been rubbing off on me to the point of us finding ways to share information with other teachers. I'm becoming more confident in my use, but need to work on the creation part of it. We will be doing a collaboration flipchart with our penpals in New York and there is talk of how to use ashlock on a flipchart as well. I am very excited with where technology is taking the classroom.
This week with Cheyanne being sick I am struggling to find a balance. I've never had a job that I enjoyed so much and had so much responsibility with that I had difficulty taking off work for a sick child. I am excited about this week. I have been creating newsletters for the classroom and my first sub plan that will be used Friday so we can do testing. I am excited to see the testing that I was not able to see at the begining of the year.
I am a little nervous with residency begining next week. I know I can do it but it is managing to accomplish everything that needs to be done gets done. Next week is going to be crazy. One day short for MLK Day, 2/3 a day for a field trip, and an hour in another day for awards assembly. So much to do so little time to do it in and that is just the begining......
No comments:
Post a Comment