Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mid-way Thru Residency

I wasn't going to post but I'm thinking next year this might be helpful.  It has been three weeks since I last wrote because they been so busy I have not had time.  So far my residency has been crazy.  The first week was a short week and had a field trip which the kids loved.  We went to the Campbell Creek Science Center.  We went with the other 1st grade class and it was fun.  I also discovered a need for a plan when a student is having a tough time on a field trip.  I have never come across that before so it was good that I had help on the field trip and now I will remember to have a back up plan on future field trips just in case.  Everything worked out so all the students were able to have fun.

The following week continued with changes.  Every day came with a meeting requiring a sub or a guest visitor and changes in pullouts to go along with these.  Very crazy!  When I thought it couldn't get worse the third week began.  This contained our music performance which required lots and lots of practicing.  The kids did a great job though on their performance.  They were so cute and were really doing well with their dance moves and singing.  The girls were beautiful and the boys dressed sharp.   They were so excited and nervous about performing and yet they got all their parts sung in the right places.  I was very proud of them and all the practicing was worth it. 

This week will be our first normal week.  I'm hoping with it the kids will settle back into the routine.  We have changed some things because of RTI.  I think some of them are working such as our voice control in the classroom.  Learning not to try and use it in everything but using it only during certain times is working well now that I understand that, that is ok.  The kids have been so chatty lately but by Friday we had begun to have a nice day.  The kids did great.  Also giving the kids some independence was nice.  They weren't sure in the begining of the week but towards the end of the week they were starting to get the hang of it.  I'm interested in seeing how this will work out.

Note to self:  February kids go crazy, parents crazier, and remember that spring and the end of the year will come and Spring Break brings a much needed break for everyone!  This is the time to remember how much I love teaching and being in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment