This week I was able to sub 1.5 days out of my one full day, two half days. It is nice getting that experience in but such an exhausting time. When you are the only person in charge of all these little people for a whole day it is just as mentally draining as physically especially when one is used to half days. I love getting the experience in. I wish that we would do internship for whole days. I do one whole day but that is not enough. It is hard to get used to a whole day of being in charge when usually there is only a half day and with help.
I am feeling more comfortable each day. Subbing has shown me some of my weaknesses so that is nice to figure out in a short time basis rather than in my residency where I have to wait a week to be able to solve them. It will be helpful when I do my mini-residency. Figuring out classroom management will take away some of the frustrations that I feel during this learning process. As scary as it is to teach the students and do well at it the classroom management is the hardest struggle.
The more I talk to my friends who are teachers the more grateful I am for my classroom. It is nice to look forward to going to work everyday and even better when I can see the students improving on their skills. I can't wait for the end of the year when I can look back over the year ands see each students progress.
This week will be planning for the mini-residency. The time has gone by so quickly.
You will soon have plenty of "whole-days" to teach:)
ReplyDeleteIt can be very exhausting. Be sure to pace yourself.
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI love hearing the enthusiasm in your voice, even though you are being stretched and some days take everything you've got.
Shaunna is really pleased with the job you are doing.
How's planning for Mini Residency going?